God Never Stops Working | Easter 2020
Pastor Jeremey King
April 12, 2020
- Read John 11:1–6. Jesus delays in responding to the need made known to him by Mary and Martha. What are some times in your life you have felt a delayed response from God? We learn from the rest of the story that God’s delays are not always denials. Why do you think Jesus delays in this story?
- Read John 11:7–16. Though it was dangerous, Jesus told the disciples that they would go to Bethany. Why would Jesus physically face danger even when he could heal Lazarus from far away? Describe a time when you had to face a challenging situation but chose not to turn away or take an easier path.
- Read John 11:17–27. Jewish superstition of the day believed that the soul would wait around the body for 3 days, hoping to return. What is significant about Jesus waiting four days to resuscitate his friend?
- What do you learn about Martha’s faith from her interaction with Jesus? How might we want to be like her in our own interactions with God?
- Jesus weeps with Mary knowing full well what he was about to do. Why? What implications does this have for how Jesus interacts with us in our darkest times?
For a full study guide and video content, visit sov.church/groups/7signs.