Learning to Live Without Greed | The Good & Beautiful Life
Pastor Sam Dittrich
October 18, 2020
Discussion Questions print version
- Complete the following to reflect your false narrative: I would be (happy/successful/secure/free) if I have more ____________________.
- In our culture, how is success measured? What behaviors or thoughts are you tempted to adopt in order to be successful in the world’s eyes?
- Read Matthew 6:19–24. Explain the difference between earthly and heavenly treasures.
- Dallas Willard says our treasures are what we try to protect, secure, or keep. What are your treasures?
- What does it mean in verse 21 that “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also?”
- Read verse 24. What does it mean to serve money? What does it look like to serve God with the money you have? How have you experienced the blessing of generosity?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:6–10. How would you rate yourself in the area of being content with a simple life?