Questioning Faith | Over the Long Haul
Pastor Jeremey King
June 7, 2020
Discussion Questions print version:
- Describe your first experiences of “Having Faith.”
- Read Hebrews 11:1 and 11:6. What do you notice about the definition of faith? How has it played out in your life? What does faith do in our lives?
- Describe a time in your life where you felt like your faith was weak or little? How did God strengthen or grow your faith?
- How does your faith inform your daily life and how you approach the issues you encounter in the world?
- Read James 2:14–19 What are some examples of dead faith? How can we be on guard against them in our own heart?
- Read Hebrews 12:1–3 What does the author invite us to do in light of our faith and that of those around us? How might that encourage you this week?
Confession: Gracious Father, we know in our minds that faith is your free gift to us, stitching us to your love and grace. We confess that we pull away, placing our faith in things of this world and not in you. Forgive us and repair the holes in our faith, reminding us of your faithfulness. We are of little faith but you are of big faith. Help us to fix our eyes upon Jesus and live by faith in you. Amen.