The Choice is Ours | A Letter From Isolation
Pastor Christian Huntley
May 26, 2020
- Do you find yourself longing to get back to normal? Is there any part of normal you don’t want to get back to? Are there any parts of your “new normal” you’d like to keep?
- Read Philippians 4:11–12. What makes us want to choose comfort over contentment? How are they different? How has your faith helped you be more content? Or, is there an area you need God’s help in order to be content?
- Read Philippians 4:13. Pastor Christian talked about Paul’s experience of being able to “do all things through him who gives me strength” as a way of enduring circumstances rather than obtaining success. Have you previously looked at this verse from a success or an endurance mindset? What does it mean for God to be more concerned with your endurance than your success?
- Read Philippians 4:14–20. Do you rely more on God or yourself? What is one way to be more God-sufficient rather than self-sufficient?
- Read Matthew 6:9–13. The Lord’s Prayer can be a good reorientation for our lives. What do these verses say about what we really need? Reflecting over these past few months, what have you found to be really important? Are there things you thought were important that don’t seem as important now
For a full study guide visit sov.church/groups/letter.