The Kingdom of God | The Good & Beautiful Life
Pastor Jeremey King
September 20, 2020
Heavenly Father, we confess that we often look to those around us to learn about the good life. We compare ourselves to one another and allow others to influence our happiness. Forgive us for listening to other voices and seeking their approval. Create in us hearts for you alone. Help us seek the good life which is rooted in you, and help us see how you are using us to bring the good life to those around us. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
Discussion Questions print version
- Before hearing the sermon this week, in a few sentences or less, how would you have described the gospel that Jesus preached? Did the sermon shed any new light on your understanding?
- The word for repent comes from the word metanoia, which means, change your mind. How does this compare to what you have understood repent to mean?
- Read Mark 10:13–16. Why do you think Jesus’ disciples rebuked parents for bringing their children to Jesus? What is the difference between being childish and being childlike? What qualities do children possess that make them prime candidates for belonging in the kingdom of God?
- What makes it difficult for adults (YOU) to be childlike in this way?
- What have you gotten to experience because you follow Jesus? Or if you haven’t yet decided to follow Jesus, is there something holding you back?