Transformed: Consider Your Calling
Pastor Jeremey King
October 27, 2019
Reading — Colossians 3:23–24
Confession — Gracious God, You have chosen us, called us, and given us purpose to be your hands and feet of your Kingdom. We confess that we have let our work become about us and our needs rather than expressions of your provision for us and the world. Forgive us and help us see the work we do in our homes, office, schools, and marketplaces with your eyes. Transform our hearts to see your kingdom at work everywhere and to live out your values in all expressions of our vocation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Reflect on your best or worst experience with a supervisor. What made it good or bad? How did working
with that person impact you?
- Read Genesis 2:15. What does this show us about God’s purpose and design for us? In what ways has this
purpose been twisted and broken?
- For what work do you think God has designed you?
- Read Colossians 3:23-24. What difference would it make if you lived out this passage daily in your own
work context? How might your perspective or attitude change?
- Read Ephesians 4:28. How might God use your work to benefit or bless others?
- Has God given you skills, talents, passions that you aren’t currently using in your work, but that could be
used somehow for His glory? What step could you take in this regard?