“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3).
Join us in praying for God’s guidance throughout the process of selecting our next senior pastor. This list was compiled by a dedicated Prayer Team, based on where our church is in The Search process. Thank you for your prayers.
Thank you for your prayers.
May 18 Prayer Team Update print version
Please continue to pray for May 4 topics listed below, with the addition of the following:
- Pray that God will lead the Search Team to prepare the right questions to ask candidates and to stay focused on his will during the interviews
- Pray that as we approach the summer months, schedules will not hinder the process for candidates or the Search Team.
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you” (Psalm 32:8).
May 4 Prayer Team Update print version
- Pray that pastors being contacted by the consultant would be open to the conversation and that God would use the interaction to provide discernment to them about the opportunity.
- Pray that God will lead the consultant to the right sourcing pools.
- Pray that connections will be made with the right pastors.
- Pray that those pastors who should be in the applicant pool would have an overwhelming sense of draw to explore the opportunity.
- Pray that consultant team’s communication and efficiency will remain crisp and drive momentum as they work together through the interview, assessment and pre-referencing process.
- Pray that Shepherd’s congregation and staff will remain encouraged and unified.
- Pray for Pastor Steve to feel God’s guidance through his final year with us.
- Pray that the Council, Transition Team and Search Teams stay encouraged during the quiet, waiting period of this Sourcing Phase.
- Pray for God’s will to be done through it all.
April 20 Prayer Team Update print version
What a wonderful update we received recently about the progress of the senior pastor search from our consultant Nancy Moore. Even though this is a quiet phase for us as confidential candidate networking and sourcing is proceeding, she shared a very upbeat report.
Nancy says that she and her team can tell when a church is praying for the process. She described a “strong initial response” to our materials and the outreach they are making, in spite of the timing falling around Palm Sunday and Easter. This confirms that God’s hand is certainly on the process, thanks be to Him.
Nancy says the response is a confirmation that we are committed to prayer to support our search. Thank you for your prayers — they are supporting the whole effort. She requests that we continue to pray in the following ways:
- Pray that Nancy and Team are empowered by the Holy Spirit as they do their good work on our behalf.
- Ask God to go before them to draw the right candidates into the process.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for both the search committee and the candidates to ask the right questions and share the right information.
- If the pastor has a family, pray that they would feel attracted to know more and consider our church as their next church home.
- Pray for God’s will to be done through all the steps and process ahead.
- Pray a prayer of thanksgiving to God for his care of and guidance to our search.
If you would like support about how to pray or would like to pray with someone, please email email@example.com or use myShepherd to contact any of the Prayer Team members: Rachel Allgor, Cathy Colman, Carol Entwistle, Harold Hansen, Jamie Kromer, Rich Larson, Dagni Lee, Jann Maurer, Andrew Nippert, Dick Reed, Lisa Roettger, and Rob Stevenson.