In 1977, a small group of Christians felt called to establish a Gospel-focused Lutheran Church in the St. Croix Valley. They began meeting in a local city hall and although small, they were committed to the work of the church and God added to their numbers.
Since then, Shepherd of the Valley has grown to be a regional ministry reaching people and families throughout the St. Croix Valley and surrounding areas. While the church is now larger in size, it remains committed to the Gospel focus and Lutheran roots.
Connect all people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through worship, small groups, and serving.
Endearing the Community
Vision, at its best, always exists to serve our mission to connect all people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our three-year vision is that Shepherd of the Valley will leverage our strength in personal relationships to endear our community so that the community knows we’re here and is better off because we’re here.
We prayerfully believe that aligning our resources, time, and energy will make a difference in the Valley:
- Our neighborhoods
Our goal is that by 2025, others will say of Shepherd,
“You’re the church that…”
- Earns a peculiar reputation in the community: The unchurched community recognizes and respects Shepherd by their in person and online presence
- Equips, connects, and celebrates parents: Parents know Shepherd cares about and supports them with their needs
- Serves, invites, and supports our neighborhoods: The Shepherd community knows how to endear their neighbors
- Partners with our community’s schools: School staff know they can find resources to fill needs and a supportive community for families at Shepherd
- Influences sports environments through players, parents & coaches: The leaders of sports look to Shepherd for ways to make a difference with their teams
Our goal is that by the end of 2023, others will say of Shepherd,
“You’re the church that…”
- Has that logo I see all over town
- Was part of a community event I attended
- I recently read or heard a story about
- Equips people to get to know their neighbors
- Seeks to understand the differences and challenges in our communities
- Stillwater schools call for help
- Teaches people to assist their local schools
- Is the best encourager of FCA East Metro
- Explores a growing relationship with Lucy Winton Bell
- Seeks input from parents on the needs of our families
- Offers a resource to parents that addresses a real need
Who We Are
We value creating an environment where all people gather together to worship Christ as one community. We design authentic worship services which embrace time-honored practices and modern expressions that form us to be more like Jesus.
We seek to connect people to growing relationships with Jesus and one another. We are transformed and become more like Jesus as we gather in small groups to study God’s word, pray, and build community.
We believe spiritual growth happens as we serve others by putting their needs above our own. We follow Christ’s example when we invest our time and resources with others in our community and across the world.
We equip the family to raise up the next generation of Christ followers and foster environments for kids and students to build growing relationships with Jesus that last a lifetime.
We give out of love for Christ in the area of our faith. We believe financially giving expands God’s Kingdom and expresses the tangible, sacrificing love of God.