Bible Passage: Genesis 1:26-28
- What thoughts come to mind when you think of the word blessed?
- If you were going to take a photo to capture what blessed means, what would it be?
- Read Genesis 1:26–28. God blesses humans before they respond to God’s spoken word. What might this mean and how might this be significant? What other Bible characters are blessed before they respond?
- Genesis 1:28 describes our role and responsibility as both image bearers and those that are blessed. How do our acts of obedience pair with grace? How might you cultivate the blessing God has given you?
- Read Romans 5:17–18. What about this text echoes back to Genesis 1? What does it look like for us to follow Jesus that we might walk in a way that “brings life?”
Heavenly Father, we’re sorry for the ways we’ve sinned against you in thoughts, words, and actions. We’re prone to make ourselves bigger, and make you and others smaller. We forget you are holy; you are King. For the sake of your son Jesus, forgive us, renew, and lead us, so that we follow you with faithful hearts and point to you with humble lives. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.