Why Are You Doing This?
Listen to audio version
- As you read Mark 11: 8–11, what kind of expectations did the crowd have as Jesus rode into Jerusalem? What do you find most significant about Jesus’ triumphal entry?
- Compare and contrast the two stories in Mark 10:35–52. Note the differences and consider that this took place just prior to Jesus’ triumphant entry.
- What do you think was at the heart of the request of James and John? How does Jesus answer them? How would you respond?
- How does Bartimaeus get Jesus’ attention? How does Jesus respond? What does Bartimaeus’ response reveal about his expectation of what Jesus came to do?
- If Jesus asked you, “What do you want me to do for you?”, what would you say?
- Read Mark 15:12–15. Do you think any of the same people shouting “Hosanna” also shouted “Crucify Him”? Why or Why not?
- What do your prayers from the past week reveal about who you think God is and what His role is in your life?