- When have you felt God prompt you to step out in faith and trust Him with something big? What happened?
- Read Genesis 12:1–20. God is the main character in the story of the Bible and people are in supporting roles. What is God’s role in the covenant making with Abraham? What is Abraham’s? Who is faithful? What happens in verses 4–9? In verses 10–20?
- If God asked you to make a major change like picking up your family and moving far away, what would help or hold you back from obeying?
- In Genesis 12:2 Abraham is told all the people on earth will be blessed through him. In Acts 1:6–8, before going to Heaven, Jesus reminds the apostles that they are to be his witnesses to the ends of the earth. How are you at living this out? What examples of faithfulness and blessing others do you hope your descendants will remember about you?
- God is faithful to His promises! In what area of life do you most need this reminder and assurance?