Fall Women’s Event
November 13 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm$20
Fall Women’s Event
IT IS WELL
My soul rests quietly only when it looks to God. Psalm 62:1
WELLNESS. PRESENCE. CONNECTION.
Is your soul worn out from navigating the pressures of the world? Are you in need of a little time away to nourish your soul? Do you crave meaningful, faith-building connections with other women? Are you thirsting for a fresh experience of God’s presence? If so, join us for It Is Well, Shepherd’s fall women’s event, led by international experiential speaker Susan Lennartson. Gain understanding about true wellness as God describes it in the Bible, spend guided quiet time in the Lord’s presence, and find connection with other women. Casual, comfy, or athleisure wear encouraged.
Saturday, November 13, 2021 | 8:30am-1:00pm
- Check-in/coffee service begins at 8:00am; hearty mid-morning refreshments will be served.
- Early bird registration fee is $20 through November 8; $25 after (non-refundable)
HELPING TO MAKE IT WELL FOR OTHERS
Jesus modeled a life of self-sacrifice and He calls us to do the same. We invite you to partner with us through the It Is Well event by supporting one of the two following ministries:
1. The Dwelling Place – The Dwelling Place is a Christ-centered ministry located in the Twin Cities which provides healing and hope to victims of domestic abuse through supportive services and a safe, transitional place to call home. Visit http://www.thedwellingplaceshelter.org/ for more info. Bring any of the following items with you on the day of the event (optional):
- $25 Gift cards (Visa, MasterCard, Target, Walmart, Cub Foods, Aldi, etc.)
New Kitchen Towels and Dish Cloths
New Bath Towels, Hand Towels, and Wash Cloths
New Twin and Full Size Sheet sets (flat and fitted sheets and pillow case)
Tall Kitchen Garbage Bags – Unscented
Hangers – Adult and Children
Shower Curtains & Rings
2. Cambodia Well Ministry – Nearly 25% of Cambodians lack a source of safe water; the cost of one well is $500-1200. Pastor Sam Chim, of LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ) Cambodia, serves rural Cambodian villages that have no source of fresh water. Using funds raised for this purpose, he works with local villagers in proximity to one of their cell groups to build a well in their community, sharing the gospel with them as he leads the project. His efforts provide a dual gift to these people–physical life through the provision of fresh drinking water and eternal life through the water of life Himself, Jesus.
Give online now to Well Ministry or in person on the day of the event (optional)
ABOUT SUSAN LENNARTSON
Meet Susan Lennartson, international experiential teacher and speaker. Sue’s passion for creating sacred spaces for others, riotous sense of humor, and multi-faceted lifetime in ministry interweave as she helps us first, to understand true wellness as God has intended and second, to experience the power of God’s presence to bring wellness to our worn out souls.
Sue is the author of numerous books and magazine articles on a variety of ministry-related topics. She is a life coach, an intern in the Spiritual Direction certification program, a chaplain with her local sheriff’s department, and currently serves as the director of Adult Ministry at St. Andrew’s Church in Mahtomedi.
Sue is a wife, mom, grandmother, aunt, friend, and child of God who loves swimming, serving as the ‘comedian’ in her golf league, and is dedicated to lifelong learning. She cherishes being with family and friends and enjoys laughter, stories, and great conversation.