Listen to Message
• Jesus, you came to earth to defeat sin and death on our behalf. Through your death, you broke down the walls that separated us from your transforming love. We confess that we have not loved as you love or served as you serve. Forgive us and renew our hearts so that we share your attitude towards the world. Help us to daily live out of our connection to you and use us to bring your grace to everyone we meet. Amen.
Reading: Romans 6:1–4
• What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
- Describe a time when you have seen a circumstance or person transform for the better.
- Read Romans 6:1–11. What is the source of our transformation? How do we experience a death like Jesus?
- Read Galatians 2:19–21. How does God want us to live this life? What does this mean in your life?
- Read John 15:1–5. Because of Christ’s death, it is possible for us to “abide” in him. What does it look like for you to “bear much fruit” in this life?