Bible Passage: James 1
- When has it been hard to be patient?
- Read James 1:2–4 and 1:12. Why does James tell us to consider it “pure joy” when facing trials? Is having this sort of attitude easy or difficult for you?
- Describe how a faith that is “mature and complete…not lacking anything” might look.
- What does James say trials ultimately produce in us?
- What do you think James means by the crown of life in verse 12?
- Read James 5:7–12. Why do you think James chooses Job as an example in this section?
- Have you ever had to suffer patiently? What was helpful during that time?
- What encouragement do you find in these verses?