- Describe someone who has been an encourager in your life.
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:16–17. The words translated as consolation or comfort can also be translated as encouragement. Who is Paul referring to as the encourager? How have you experienced encouragement from him?
- Read Hebrews 10:23–25. What sorts of behaviors was this author encouraging among the Church? Why are these important to the community and how can we do the same for one another here and now?
- Have different people in your group read each of these verses aloud: Romans 15:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:14; Colossians 3:16; Acts 14:21– 22; Acts 15:32. What do these verses have in common? How can we apply them to our lives today?
- In 1 Thessalonians 5:12–28 Paul gives a list of instructions for encouragement. What items in this list stick out to you? What kind of people are we encouraged to be?