Skip to content
- What was your favorite Halloween costume when you were growing up?
- Read James 1. What do you learn about James’ perspective on life’s trials (verses 2–4)? How have you responded to a recent trial in your life?
- How does wisdom help us learn to trust? How can we get this wisdom, who gives it, and why (verses 5–8)?
- Regardless of our life circumstances, what do verses 9–12 tell us about what things are eternal?
- How can relying on God and his character help keep us secure when we are tempted to find our identity in other things (verses 13–18)?
- How is what we say and do shaped by the “new birth” we are given in genuine faith (verses 18–27)? How do you see this play out in your own life? In our church?