- In what situations or with which people is it most difficult for you to share your faith? Why is it difficult?
- James Bryan Smith says that there are two ways we can share our faith—with our life and with our mouth (The Good & Beautiful Community, p. 44). How are you doing with this? Which one is easier and which one is more difficult for you?
- In 1 Peter 3:15 Peter talks about sharing the “HOPE that YOU have.” What do you think Peter means by this phrase? How do you define hope? How can we be prepared to share the reasons for our hope?
- Pastor Sam shared, “Hope is what we hold on to until the promises of God are fulfilled.” Which truths and promises of God increase your hope?
- Read 1 Peter 3:13-15. Peter’s urge for the believers to share their faith comes at a time of significant hostility and persecution. Why do you think the early Christians accepted the challenge in spite of the risk? If faith has become personal for you, when or how did that happen? What would it look like to share your faith with gentleness and respect?